The International Food Waste Valorization Workshop
Technical & Legal challenges in Food Waste Valorization
Date: 6th and 7th of April 2018
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Language: english and french
Opening hours: 10:30 am - 5:00 pm
The International Food Waste Valorization Workshop is the key event and the unmissable 2 days meeting of 2018 for professional in the field of food biomass valorization and food waste management and reduction. This workshop will be the opportunity to meet key international professionals from SMEs, academia, associations and industries working in the technical, scientific, legal and economic aspect of food waste valorization.
High level speakers from different countries (EU, Switzerland, US, Asia, Africa, etc.) with outstanding expertise at different levels of the value chain of food biomass valorization will be present to discuss and share their latest innovation, developments and findings in this field.
The event will include the following topics
- Innovation, Processes & Technologies in food waste valorization
- Regulations & Funding projects in food waste valorization
- Management and reduction of food waste at the source
- Finding the right funding to finance food waste valorization projects
- Eco labelling and food waste valorization: How does it work?
- Training School (Training courses are held in parallel to the main présentations) :
- Swiss regulations on food waste valorization
- EU regulations on food waste valorization
The audience : managers, entrepreneurs, scientists, directors, etc. from SMEs, large companies, associations, start-ups and academia working in the technical and scientific field of food biomass valorization or in the management, funding, policies and regulations related to food waste valorization.
2-day pass: EUR 460.- (CHF 500.-). The pass includes 2 day presentations, 2 day training schools and coffee breaks.
A 2-days Company Pass is available (different employees can use the same pass).
(The list will be updated soon)
- Petar Mandaliev, Swiss Federal office for the Environment, Switzerland
- Vincent Eckert, Swiss Climate Foundation
- David Albertani, R20 Switzerland
- Cheryl T Coleman, EPA Washington DC USA
- Carol S.K. Lin, City University of Hong Kong
- George Botsaris, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
- Théodora Vryonidou, Lefkonitziatis Dairy Products LTD, Cyprus
- Nadia Plata, Eptes Switzerland
- Jonathan Waser, HEIA-FR, Switzerland
- Richard Pfister, Proxipel Switzerland
- Jean-Paul Schwitzguebel, Eptes Switzerland
- Diriisa Mugampoza, Kyambogo University, Uganda
- James Clark, University of York, UK
- Piergiuseppe Morone, Unitelma-Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Anne Verniquet, NoAW, Switzerland
Mrs. Nadia Plata
Case postale 381
Phone: +41 79 391 14 64